As a homeowner, you know that keeping your roof clean is important. Not only does it improve your home’s curb appeal, but it can also extend the lifespan of your roof. However, you may wonder if now is the best time to wash your roof. After all, it’s cold outside, and there’s the potential for ice and snow.
Here’s what you need to know about soft washing your roof during the winter:
1. The Cold Won’t Damage Your Roof
When it comes to cleaning your roof, the temperature won’t damage your shingles like it can with other materials. So, if you’re worried about the cold causing damage, don’t be.
2. Snow and Ice Won’t Affect the Cleaning Process
Just because there’s snow and ice on your roof doesn’t mean that you can’t soft wash it. The cold weather can actually help kill any roof algae, mold, and mildew that’s growing on your shingles.
3. You May Need to Wait for the Temperature to Rise
While the cold won’t damage your roof, you may need to wait for the temperature to rise before you wash it. This is because the cleaning solution may freeze if applied when the temperature is too low.
4. You’ll Need to Take Precautions Against Ice and Snow
Snow… right? Here in Louisiana?
Although we rarely get snow down here, we do get temperatures low enough that water will freeze. When washing your roof in these conditions, you’ll need to take precautions to prevent the cleaning solution from freezing.
5. Roof Cleaning is Important During the Winter
Just because the weather is cold doesn’t mean that you can neglect your roof. In fact, cleaning your roof during the winter is just as important as it is during any other time of year.
If you have any questions about soft washing your roof during the winter, or if you’re ready to schedule a roof cleaning, be sure to contact a reputable and experienced roof cleaning company. They’ll be able to advise you on the best course of action for your roof.
So, Soft Wash Roof During Winter?
We say yes! Just be sure to take the proper precautions to prevent any damage from the cold weather.
If you have any questions about soft washing your roof, feel free to contact us. We would be happy to help!
Or you can schedule your free consultation right now. Complete the form on this page, and a member of our team will reach out to you shortly.
Don’t let low temperatures keep you from having a clean roof!
Winter’s when you’ll have all of your company and family over for the holidays. Make sure your house is looking its best by soft washing your roof today!
And if you’re not sure how to go about it, don’t worry! The experts at Hydro Clean Soft Washing are here to help. We offer a wide range of services to help your home exterior look brand new, whether it’s during the summer, spring, or winter months.
Don’t pay more than you should. Contact Hydro Clean Soft Washing and schedule your free estimate today!
Frequently Asked Questions About Soft Washing Your Roof
Here are some of the questions we get asked most frequently about soft washing roofs:
1. What is soft washing?
Soft washing is a low-pressure roof cleaning method that uses a specialized solution to kill and remove mold, mildew, and algae. This solution is then rinsed away with low-pressure water, leaving your roof clean and free of harmful growths.
2. Is soft washing safe for my roof?
Yes! Soft washing is safe for all roofs, including shingles, tile, metal, and more. Unlike high-pressure washing, which can damage your roof, soft washing will not harm your shingles or any other roofing materials.
3. How often should I soft wash my roof?
It depends on the climate and the type of roof you have. In general, we recommend soft washing your roof at least once a year. However, if you live in an area with a lot of rain or snow, you may need to wash your roof more often.
4. Can I soft wash my roof myself?
We don’t recommend it. Soft washing roofs is a delicate process, and it’s best left to the professionals, especially during the colder months. You’ll not only have to contend with the dangers of working high in the air, but ice and snow can also make the process more difficult.
5. Can I wait until spring to soft wash my roof?
While you can technically wait until the warmer spring weather to wash your roof, we recommend doing it sooner. Mold, mildew, and algae can cause damage to your roof if left unchecked, so it’s best to clean them off as soon as possible.
6. Will soft washing remove these black streaks on my roof?
Absolutely. Those black streaks (gloeocapsa magma) are caused by mold and mildew and can be removed with soft washing. In fact, that’s one of the main benefits of soft washing your roof!
7. What about other areas?
Soft washing isn’t just for your roof. It’s an excellent way to remove dirt and dust from all areas of your home’s exterior like:
8. What if I have more questions?
If you have any other questions about soft washing your roof during the winter, feel free to contact us. We would be happy to help!
9. Is your softwash solution safe for my family and pets?
Yes! Our softwash solution is biodegradable, eco-friendly, and safe for both people and animals. You can rest assured knowing that your family and pets are safe when we’re around.
10. What are the benefits of soft washing my roof during winter?
There are many benefits to soft washing your roof during winter, including:
- Increased curb appeal – A clean roof will make your whole house look better.
- Protection from damage – Mold, mildew, and roof algae can damage your roof if left unchecked. Soft washing will remove these growths and help protect your roof.
- Peace of mind – Knowing that your roof is clean and free of harmful growths will give you peace of mind during the colder months.
- Extend the life of your roofing – A well-maintained roof will last longer than one that’s neglected.
- Improved efficiency – A clean roof will be more efficient at reflecting heat, keeping your home warm during winter.
- Money savings – You won’t have to spend your Christmas money to fix a damaged roof.
- Safety – Soft washing your roof during winter will help prevent ice dams and improve traction on your roof, making it safer for you to put up those Christmas lights.
- Better than a power washer – Power washing can damage your roof. Soft washing is a much safer and more effective way to clean your roof during winter.
See? Soft washing your home just makes sense! Not only will it save you money in the long run, but it will also give you peace of mind and increase your home’s curb appeal.
Hire a Professional Roof Cleaning Service
Roofs can get very dirty during winter, and cleaning them properly is tough without risking injury.
Not only is it dangerous to try and clean your roof yourself, but if you don’t do a good job, you could actually make the problem worse.
Let Hydro Clean Soft Washing take care of things for you. We are experienced professionals who know how to clean roofs safely and effectively. We will eliminate all the bacteria and stains that have built up over time so your roof looks great and lasts for years to come.
Contact us today or fill out the form below for your free consultation.